iMMAP is an international non-governmental organization that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target aid to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and better decisions lead to better results. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps solve the operational and strategic challenges of our partners in emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better results.
iMMAP will carry out capacity building of regional ministries of health in 5 regions (Littoral, Adamaoua, West, North-West and South-West). Emphasis will be placed on developing the capacity of public sector staff at district, hospital and regional levels to improve analysis, interpretation and evidence-based decision-making using digital health data. The training will focus on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and COVID-19 vaccination data, with an emphasis on Microsoft PowerBi, Microsoft Excel and DHIS2 platforms.
This is a national position, based in Yaoundé, Cameroon, with frequent travel to regional capitals. Fluency in English and French is essential
This position is dependent on funding
Description of homework
The 2 capacity building officers will support and contribute to the initiation, planning, design, development and implementation of capacity building activities in Yaoundé and in the 5 regions of Cameroon.
Guided by and under the supervision of the Program Manager, the two Capacity Building Officers will provide support to capacity building activities such as
- Organization of training workshops, including booking venues, travel arrangements for participants, refreshments and other event management tasks
- Help develop, revise, translate, contextualize training content, including presentations, exercises and videos
- Support and help facilitate training, and facilitate specific sessions
- Provide personalized support to participants during small group exercises
- Planning and programming of capacity building activities in consultation with key stakeholders
- Development of training and session plans, goals and objectives for humanitarian capacity building programs based on identified gaps and capacity building priorities;
- Co-design and develop capacity building programs, curricula and learning materials;
- Organize and deliver/co-facilitate basic and advanced training and capacity building activities in line with the needs of humanitarian partners;
- Develop or identify training content and/or reference resources such as presentations, hands-on exercises and handouts to facilitate learning;
- Conduct pre-, during- and post-training evaluations to obtain feedback, address challenges and barriers to effective learning, document and share lessons learned;
- Liaise with other iMMAP capacity building programs and ensure consistency and standardization of activities and materials where possible;
- Any other task as needed.
- Advanced university degree or equivalent experience in the health field
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience and experience in international non-profit, development or humanitarian organizations;
- Experience working with national or regional governments is desirable;
- At least 3 years of experience working on health data using health management information systems is essential;
- Experience in sexual, reproductive and maternal health data is highly desirable;
- Experience with vaccination data is desirable
- Experience with DHIS2 is essential, and experience with PowerBi and similar platforms is highly desirable;
- Experience in designing training content focused on the needs of adult learners;
- Experience in delivering trainings, workshops and coaching;
- Soft skills
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, shows interest in two-way communication; adapts language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; is willing to learn from others;
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and missions; adjusts priorities as needed. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources to complete work. Anticipates risks and takes contingencies into account when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Customer orientation: Sees everyone to whom services are provided as “customers” and seeks to see things from the customer’s point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies customer needs and offers them appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the client environment to stay informed and anticipate issues; meets deadlines for delivery of products or services to the customer;
- Technological watch: keeps abreast of available technologies; understands the applicability and limitations of technology to office work; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technologies;
- Representation: Where appropriate, represent iMMAP in various forums. Maintain effective and positive contacts with national and local government officials, international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and donor agency officials, as required.
- Ability to understand and adapt to complex and dynamic situations;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Takes initiative, manages own schedule and is self-motivated;
- Proven ability to work in a team;
- Flexible and creative.
• Fluent/professional fluency in English and French is essential
Staff should conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP policies, procedures and values at all times and in all countries.
iMMAP has zero tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violation of these principles and policies will be considered gross misconduct.
iMMAP is an equal opportunity employer, regardless of origin.
How to register
Please apply via: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/592