The Chiefs of Ontario is inviting applications for the position of Finance and Administration Specialist. The Finance and Administration Specialist will be a key member of the finance department working directly with the Finance Manager. Our ideal candidate will have strong accounting and reporting skills, enjoy working in a team and have the ability to lead complex projects.
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario (with the option of a hybrid work arrangement)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and enforce the financial policies and decisions of the Chiefs of Ontario.
- Review and revisions of Chiefs of Ontario financial policies for recommended implementation.
- Submit financial recommendations and advice to the Director of Finance to ensure effective, efficient and economical financial operation of programs, services and activities.
- Ensure that all financial transactions, income, expenses, accounts payable and receivable are recorded, maintained and truly represent the financial affairs of the Chiefs of Ontario.
- Preparation of all accounting records to include a complete set of business transactions, consisting of a general ledger, accounts payable sub-ledger, accounts receivable sub-ledger, general journal, a cash receipts journal, a sales journal and a fixed assets ledger.
- Ensure all revenues are received in an accurate and timely manner and report any discrepancies to the Finance Manager.
- Maintain, prepare and submit financial records for submission to various agencies, departments or organizations in a timely and efficient manner
- Prepare electronic payroll transfers for approval by the Director of Finance.
- To assist in the conduct of the financial audit, presentation to the Chiefs-in-Assembly for acceptance and audit of submissions, as required by resolution of the Chiefs-in-Assembly.
- Assist the Director of Finance in the overall financial management of Chiefs of Ontario.
- Ensure the proper implementation, management of the computerized accounting system and its upgrade as needed and notify the Director of Finance accordingly.
- Provides all financial reporting requirements.
- Degree or diploma in business administration or commerce and/or
- Have completed two (2) years of a recognized professional accounting program (CA, CMA, CGA or CAFM) and be in good standing.
- This position requires a minimum of two years of direct experience.
- Consideration will be given if the ideal requirements above are not met, but applicants must clearly possess a combination of education and experience to meet the job requirements.
- Experience with Sage 300 is an asset.
- First Nation work experience is an asset.
DURATION: October 2022 – March 31, 2024, with the possibility of extension depending on the availability of funds.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Open until full.
The successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Send an application letter, resume and include two references marked confidential to:
Ashley Nardella, Human Resources